2022 Best of Blog Posts



I can't believe it's the last month of 2022. The year was slow and then at some point sped up to the point that I'm not sure I knew what day it was and here we are now. 

Like every other bookish content creator I will be doing a series of wrap-up content but this year I wanted to take a slightly different approach. I want to forego the worst lists and disappointments. I'm just not in the headspace to actually spend the last few weeks thinking about the content I didn't enjoy. But that's not going to stop me from watching/reading your lists. 😉 

So throughout the month of December, I will be posting my best ofs...
  • December 7th Best of Blog
  • December 14th Best of Twitter
  • December 21 Best of Instagram
  • December 31 End of the Year Wrap-up
Yes, I'm going to post 4 blogs this month, I will either love it or hate this decision, but I will only have myself to thank or blame. Let me start by saying, this year was a turning point for my blog. As I was looking at my data analytics my readership numbers dropped (like tanked), so I was feeling a little bummed about this reality. I spent a lot of time wondering if I should abandon this space to focus my energy strictly on social media. When I was about to pull the plug, platforms started going haywire so I'm so happy I waited. While I'm still figuring out what this blog will look like in the new year, it was fun to take a trip down memory lane; here are the 3 blog posts that give me hope to keep going.

Number 1 Social Media Experiment - I spent the month analyzing the algorithm and social media advice blogs so that I could give recommendations. I posted this blog in August so most of the recommendations might need to be updated but it was really interesting to take a deep dive. One huge takeaway though was having a solid content strategy that you can shift as the platforms update. 



Number 2 2022 Holiday Gift Guide - is always my favorite blog post and consistently has good readership numbers. This blog post will continue no matter what changes I make to the blogging content. 



Number 3 Favorite Author - post came out of someone asking who was my favorite author. I was stumped. I mean, I thought I knew, but it got me thinking was the answer purely anecdotal. So I did a little math and came up with a list to calculate a list of favorites. I already have some ideas on how to update the math so this blog post might return in the new year with some additions.     


So what's next? Blogging was my entry into this bookish community and as new platforms rise and fall in popularity, I know I will have to keep the blog as relevant as possible. For the next few weeks, I will really put the time into what it could look like. Regardless, thank you for your taking the time out of your schedules to read this blog and showing your support. I know you have lots of options so your support is much appreciated. Thank you for including Weekend Reader in your blog reading lineup.

Happy Reading! 



Comments

Popular Posts