2022 Best of Twitter


I certainly did not have Twitter imploding on my 2022 bingo card. I guess that's the way of the land. I'm still holding out hope that it will have a resurrection or something similar because there is something special about that space. I say that fully acknowledging it can be the wild wild west. One day having great conversations and another it's a shit show of another recurring hot take. I've had to definitely alter my time on the space because of the latter, but I do pop in from time to say my piece. Either way, while Twitter is still semi-functioning here were my top 3 moments on the bird app.

Number 1 Authors with 15 or fewer published books thread

    • I was hoping to find a handful of authors that I could read their backlist for a 2023 blogging project. Well, I did not expect the tweet, to yield as much attention as it did. More details to come but I'm very excited about this project and will be doing regular updates. The name of the project is still TBD but I have a little over 40 names.    

Number 2  Readers calling authors thread

    • Another tweet that I didn't expect to get as much traction because I was just musing about how much emotional labor it is for readers of color when they call out an author. It requires a lot of stamina to keep up with the responses on the timeline or DMs, but we don't often talk about the vitriol that comes along with it speaking up. In this thread, I wanted to take a different approach and provide some tips to help with the discourse. Idk if it helped but it certainly got folks talking. 

Number 3 Aaron Pierre book cover thread

*I figured let me jog your memory of what e looks like but also you can scroll through the thread for the book covers*

                                            

    • This was my first leading man and romance book cover thread of the year. I forgot how much I love working on them but they are sooooo time-consuming. I did 3 other threads but Aaron Pierre got the most retweets.  

Honorable mention New vs Established relationships thread 

    • This thread is really a good example of how I like to use Twitter. I have a question/thought and I get to hear different perspectives. I learned a lot about writing perspectives and why or why not relationships work on page. It was inconclusive but such a great conversation.

Happy Tweeting (for as long as we can)!




Comments

Popular Posts