Tackling my TBR (Phase 2 and 3)

                              

Photo credit: Goodreads 

Sigh, when I think about how ambitious I am at the beginning of the year and then pretty much dragging to finish line aka end of the year goals, tackling my TBR comes to mind. 😂 Why do I keep clowning myself? These accountability posts I mean should hold me to do what I say I would do but also it just shows how horribly I fail. 

Me hates it! 🙃

Anywho, I've been buying books like you know I said I wouldn't, but that's not what this post is about. FOCUS! Today, we are going to talk about the damage of my digital TBR (ebooks and audiobooks).

Deep cleansing breaths 😣, here we go..

Ebooks (PHASE 2)


All my ebooks are purchased from kindle so let's take this deep dive. If you remember, I once shared I've had the app since 2011. My goal last year was to get my overall  e-library down to about 150 e-books and really reign in my 1-click fingers.  Neither happened, SURPRISE!!!!! 

So where am I? Welp, my e-library is hovering at 204 (as of this post). I ripped the bandage off and deleted 230 books 😬. I made the decision to delete any book that was published prior to 2018 or that I was no longer excited to read. I didn't think, I just did a mass delete, like I said, ripped the bandage off. Once, I Marie Kondo'd my library I made collections to really help me visualize my progress. See nice and organized. I separated out my Library and KU books since I don't technically own them but wanted to make sure I had a way to track them in my reading. 

So of the 204 books in my e-library I've read 127 and have 77 e-books  to read (TBR, Library, and KU) on my Kindle library. While I have a lot more work to do, I am definitely making progress and technically I've met my goal to have 50% read on my TBR. Not too shabby and I will take this as a win!!!! 

Next up...

Audiobooks (PHASE 3)

Audiobooks are really where I've made vast improvements on purchases. Thankfully, I have a robust library system which has really helped me manage my spending here. I also really considered do I need to OWN an audiobook??? The answer is, it depends 😇. My strategy here is heavily rely on my library so before I hit the purchase button, I check to see if the audiobook is available at my library. After, I changed my mindset, I was comfortable reducing my Audible membership to Gold status, which is a $90 savings annually. And, I tried Chirp and Kobo as alternatives to Audible, because of the deep discounts on audiobooks. I promise I'm not trying to distract you I just want to set the stage. So here's the damage 🤷🏾
      
Own: 74  Read/Listened: 41     Own: 1 Read/Listened: 1   Own: 1 Read/Listened: 1

Total audiobook library 76, which puts me at 58% rate) give me my FLOWERS! Really I need to give my library system the flowers, because it really is the MVP!

What does this mean? 

One, I thing it's clear I don't have the same emotional connection to my digital library. I was able declutter easily, which helped me get set up for success. In the end, I still have a lot of work to do, but I am making a lot more progress here than in my physical book TBR. 

How are you doing with your TBR? I hope you are making progress towards your goals!!! 

Happy Reading!







Comments

  1. Those are pretty amazing stats to me. I feel like I have a billion unread books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Samantha! It's definitely been a process to get the number down to be more manageable. However, my physical TBR is going to be an ongoing process probably forever :)

      Delete
  2. I don't have much connection to my digital library either. I forget about my ebooks a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to work on not forgetting my ebooks. Now that I have a kindle and not just using the app it's helped a bit.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for contacting Weekend Reader, I will be in touch as soon as I read your comment. Happy Reading!

Popular Posts