Spotlight September

I almost didn't post this blog because the book community (yet again) was at odds with each other- readers/reviewers/authors, you name it. But I thought to myself- will it be worth the time and energy to create this list? Literally that night I attended a book event and Ms. Bev said "we only learn about author's of color work through word of mouth". There it is...I had to do the research to finish this post. So what is it?

Description: four light bulbs blinking back and forth

Spotlight September is where I scour the internet in order to develop a list of content creators, authors and bookstores to shout out throughout the month of September. Each week on Twitter I will share a list of the following:

Podcast- hosts are of color, read romance and/or contemporary fiction, or focuses on pop culture

How I podcast | TechCrunch

Blogs- blogs that I think are fun and informative  

Blog or Blogs? - A Blog has Posts not Blogs > Revenue Architects Blog

Authors- indie authors of color ðŸ“”

Bring an Author to Your School! - Central Minnesota Libraries Exchange

Booktubers- content creators with less than 1k subscribers 

Why We Love BookTube: 10 BookTuber's On Our Radar – 4 Your Excitement

Bookstagrammer- content creator with less than 1k subs

8 Bookstagram Accounts for You to Follow Today - Read. Eat. Repeat.

Bookstore- indie bookstores (physical bookstore or online only) 

Bookshop Cartoon Stock Photos And Images - 123RF

Hopefully, this list will inspire you to follow and support the work of some amazing people. While the book community can be a somewhat of complicated relationship, it's also a place where many of us call our bookish home.

Happy spotlighting!




Comments

Popular Posts