Relationship advice by the "book"

Artist credit: yeahitschill

Since everyone is concerned about women of a certain age being single let's be actually helpful when you think your friend should meet a guy. Ask yourself "is he trash?:. Let me explain, guys can be alright to casually say hi, but to date is a WHOLE other bag of wax. With that in mind, I say again ask yourself is he trash and here's my own personal scale:



Do you get the picture now? Don't get me wrong, I love a good first meet up like anyone else but I've had tons of bad dates. Thank you to Christine from @yeahitschill for accurately capturing the roller coaster of emotions of dating. I prefer reading about other's relationships, it's safe to get emotionally invested without the anxiety of being in a relationship. In that same breath, contemporary romance sometimes drops dating advice gems. I've compiled a list of quotes that I like to think are sound relationship advice quotes. Here we go...

Prince on Paper- Alyssa Cole

"I’m not saying this is going to last forever, but I would be remiss in my duties as your friend if I didn’t send you out equipped.”

A Princess in Theory- Alyssa Cole

“Your Highness. While I admit that you are a fine specimen of a man, being a lesbian is not the only possible reason a woman wouldn’t respond to your attentions.”

“Everybody wants something from you, but sometimes there’s a person you want to give to. Sometimes what you give them makes you better for having given it. And it makes having to give to everyone else not so bad.”

Get a Life, Chloe Brown- Talia Hibbert

“So I’m doing it for you because that’s how people should behave; they should fill in each other’s gaps.”

Next Time in Havana- Chanel Cleeton

“You speak of passion, but what about companionship, mutual respect, friendship? Why do people always seize on the spark that can peter out as the measure of a relationship?”

“We can’t always know the people we love as well as we think we do, Marisol. Our love is tangled up in our expectations, our perception of reality. And you never know what people really think. They often keep their deepest emotions locked away.”

“It is much easier to forgive the stranger than it is one you love.”

“Hope is all you have to cling to when the world around you evokes every other emotion.”

Out There- Kerri Sackville

"Closure is in the silence."

What are some of your go to book relationship quotes?

Desirai from @librilabra shared this one and I had to share...

All Our Wrong Todays- Elan Mastai

"That's what love can do for you if you let it: build a person out of all your broken pieces. It doesn't matter if the stitches show. The stitches, the scars just prove you earned it."


PS. please follow @yeahitschill for additional funny comics about life and dating.

Happy reading! 

Comments

Popular Posts