Indie Author Interview w/Tamara Devers

If you haven't noticed it's my personal mission to get more readers to read romance. One suggestion I immediate suggestion to any skeptical romance readers is to search ebooks on Kindle/Kindle Unlimited. I've found a number of books that were fun and funny by scrolling through the Kindle library. And to be fair because the offering is so large Kindle most times can quench my appetite for very niche romance reading 😋 

*Disclaimer Kindle Unlimited (KU) is a service offered through Amazon that allows readers to access over 2 million titles, thousands of audiobooks, and up to three magazine subscriptions. KU gives readers access to new authors, books, and genres including mysteries, romance, sci-fi and can read on any device. 

I know there are some ethical decisions readers have to make about spending money at Amazon. But keep in mind, Kindle and KU gives indie authors an opportunity to connect with readers. And as I mentioned this service creates a super easy entry point into the romance genre. So I will leave this information here and let you decide 💓

***********************************************************************************

I'm super excited to share a debut indie author who you can find on Kindle/Kindle Unlimited. 

Bio: Tamara Devers started her career sitting at her kitchen table and writing two of the weirdest stories ever to be penned by a twelve-year-old girl. Since then, her stories have gotten…slightly better. Tamara’s wicked sense of humor and love for romance made writing romantic comedies a no-brainer. When she’s not busy creating funny, feisty romantic sheroes, she enjoys being the wacky, foul-mouthed auntie, eating pizza, and taking naps.

WR: Who does Tamara write for? Who is your intended audience? 

TD: One of my favorite pieces of writing advice is to write the books that you want to read. I love romance and love, love, love comedy, so that's what I choose to write. I know I probably should, but I don't have an ideal reader. I hope that anyone who's looking for a funny romance with a little angst will enjoy my novels. I want them to be like the perfect pancake, light and fluffy. 

WR: What was one of the most surprising things you’ve learned as a debut author? 

TD: That for the last few weeks before I published, I would want to throw my novel out the window. By the final stretch, I was sick of revising. I was sick of my characters. I was sick of everything. I thought I'd feel more like a new mom who just birthed a beautiful baby, full of warm and fuzzy feelings. Instead, I felt more like a parent finally kicking their 30-year-old out of the house. It was long overdue and I was just glad it was done. But obviously, I'm a glutton for punishment, because I've already started on the second book in the series. 

WR: What is one of your writing quirks or writing ritual? 

TD: I  have a collection of animal print cat-ear headbands that I wear while I write. And, I choose a theme song for each book and listen to it before I start writing. The theme song for You Make Me Sick is Nobody by Kate Earl. ***I do not own the rights to this song. ***

WR: What do you want readers to know about this release? 

TD: You Make Me Sick is the first book in a three book series called Mean Streak. All of the heroines have serious bite, Cherry Spencer being the headliner in this particular book. The title You Make Me Sick, along with the titles for the second and third books all were 'insults' I used as a kid because I couldn't cuss folks out back then. 


Publication Date:  February 12, 2021
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Buy Link: Amazon 

Book blurb: Cherry Spencer and Jack(ass) Bradley are like a fork in a power outlet…sparks fly and someone might end up dead. He’s been the bane of her existence ever since her best friend, Nicole claimed him as her hunky college crush. Nicole’s greatest wish is for her two favorite people to bury the hatchet…just not in each other’s backs. And after a disastrous graduation night, Cherry vowed to never lay eyes on Jack again.

But like a bad yeast infection, Jack’s back and courtesy of Nicole’s sweet nature and a crush that never died, he’s living in Cherry’s house and she’s not taking this invasion lying down.

Operation Jackass. Is. On.

Cherry has no shame, plus she’s got a mean streak longer than Rapunzel’s hair. She’ll use whatever sneaky tricks she can to get rid of Jack, but what she wasn’t expecting was him getting one over on her. Now she has to decide if she really wants Jack out of her house… or in her bed.

***********************************************************************************

Mini Review

I wrote in my GoodReads review if you liked You Deserve Each Other by Sarah Hogle you might enjoy You Make Me Sick. There are a lot of romantic comedy elements like hilarious banter, pranks, and a friend group that will have you laughing out loud. Cherry and Jack might act like they hate each other but we all know how it's going to end up. Cherry is a tough cookie but Jack knows how to get under her skin (literally and figuratively). Btw we have a cat appearance- Sylvester who adds another layer to the pranks. Let's just say the prank backfires on Cherry. 😶 

Here's my character fan casting for these two 'love' birds. I hope you pick up You Make Me Sick to support an indie author and read more romance. 


Happy Reading!





Comments

Popular Posts