Meet Cute March Recommendations

My 2021 reading has been for the most part hot and cold. So I've been trying to read tropes that are comforting and I have to say, meet cutes are turning into one of my favorites to read. 

A meet cute is a serendipitous (look at me using fancy words) interaction where people meet and most times under unusual/hilarious circumstances.

As a romance reader a relationship better happen 😉. Listen, for me right now we get a little bit of humor and lots of sexy time, sounds like the perfect remedy for a HEA. Anywho...here are four meet cute recommendations that I think would jump start any romance curious engine.

Beautiful & Dirty (The Family Book 1)
Author: Katrina Jackson
Purchase: Amazon

Synopsis: Shae

Here's my advice for how to survive a vacation to Italy with the college boyfriend you've just now realized is terrible:

1. Ditch him in Rome.
2. Take the train to Naples for pizza.
3. Let the attractive older man you’ve just met buy you a drink.
4. Flirt a little (or a lot) while ignoring his wedding ring.
5. Let him bend you over a table.
6. Break up with your boyfriend.

Sal

There are a lot of ways to respond to the news that your wife is trying to kill you. I have sex with the young American who stumbles into my restaurant. And then I get revenge.

My reason: A trip to Italy almost ruined by your awful boyfriend. Thank goodness a sexy Italian silver fox who might also be a lonely mob boss is intrigued by your appetite. Insert an empty office and no one who would dear interrupt loud sex. It's short and steamy, so have some ice cold water near by. 

*Also, I know people will try to fight me on this recommendation. But I have confirmation from Kat Jackson this book IS in fact a meet cute. Here's the Twitter thread as receipts.

Blind Date with a Book Boyfriend
Author: Lucy Eden
Purchase: lucyeden.com

Synopsis: I’m Jordyn. I flew from New York to Culver City, CA to interview for the job of a lifetime. When I walked into The Bookstore, I only wanted a steamy romance or two to help pass the time before my big meeting. I walked out with a gorgeous and sweet, cinnamon roll who was more funny and charming than all of my favorite book boyfriends combined, which definitely wasn’t the plan. But Mike was irresistible, and the time we spent together exploring Culver City was more fun than I’ve had in a long time. But I’m smart enough to know if something feels to good too be true, it probably is. I mean, Happily Ever Afters are just for fairy tales and romance novels … right?

My reason: If you want to start over in a new city, why not explore it with a sexy man who reads romance? 


I Think I Might Love You
Author: Christina C. Jones

Synopsis: Jaclyn Love is a magnet for trouble - it seems to follow her wherever she goes.

Unfortunately for Kadan Davenport, she also seems to be a magnet for him - even after a disastrous first impression that leaves him - literally - black and blue.

Jaclyn is busy trying to find some sort of balance, and Kadan is just trying not to get swept up in the chaos.

In a small city like Blakewood, it's hard to avoid each other... especially when each additional encounter makes them wonder if they really want to.

My reason: After a horrible night and maybe too much drinking Jaclyn meets Kadan under surprising circumstances (hint hint it's related to the black and blue in the description, but I won't spoil it). 

How To Fail at Flirting
Author: Denise Williams

Synopsis: When her flailing department lands on the university's chopping block, Professor Naya Turner’s friends convince her to shed her frumpy cardigan for an evening on the town. For one night her focus will stray from her demanding job and she’ll tackle a new kind of to-do list.  When she meets a charming stranger in town on business, Jake presents the perfect opportunity to check off the rest of the items on her list. Let a guy buy her a drink. Check. Try something new. Check. A no-strings-attached hook-up. Check…almost.

Jake makes her laugh and challenges Naya to rebuild her confidence, which was left toppled by her abusive ex-boyfriend. Soon she's flirting with the chance at a more serious romantic relationship—except nothing can be that easy. The complicated strings around her dating Jake might destroy her career.

Naya has two options. She can protect her professional reputation and return to her old life or she can flirt with the unknown and stay with the person who makes her feel like she's finally living again.

My reason: Where Naya fails in pick up lines, flirting, or even one night stands, she makes up in being a thoughtful loving friend and coworker. Jake is cute too but Naya is definitely the star. 

Do you have any meet cute romance recommendations that I should check out?

Happy Reading!




Comments

Popular Posts