Romance Novel Boyfriends


pixieperkins #bookish #booklove #bookboyfriend #booklist ...

Bookish boyfriends anyone? Let's just say 2020 is a wash if you are trying to find love. However, if you like romance like I do, we have tons of great options to engage our imagination. I would like to add I'm super excited authors are giving us emotionally available, smart, vulnerable, feminist boyfriends. I've wrote in my reviews particularly this year can I meet a fill in the blank. I mean, these men are a dream and if you're into manifesting let's collectively put that energy out into the universe to meeting one of these great men. 

Before sharing my list I want to put out a bit of a disclaimer with the IRL book boyfriends. In some cases the ethnicity of the IRL person doesn't match the character. I realize while this blog post is a fun way to fantasize, I want to be clear that I am not erasing the character's identity. I want to acknowledge the post could read as erasure so there's a note on which character's ethnicity is different. It's important that I point out this gap in my search.    

Okay, so who are these dreamboats? Here's my list of bookish boyfriends since I am more confident in these fictional characters than finding one in IRL. I've listed reasons why I picked these boyfriends and a photo of how I've imagined the character. Are you ready? 

Prince Thabiso- A Princess in Theory [Alyssa Cole- Reluctant Royals Series]

A Princess in Theory (Reluctant Royals, #1)

Qualities: patient, persistent, willing to put work to the side to focus on the relationship, and smart af!

IRL Prince Thabiso: Broderick Hunter  

*****************************************************************************

Zafir Ansari- Take a Hint, Dani Brown [Talia Hibbert- Brown Sisters Series]

Take a Hint, Dani Brown (The Brown Sisters, #2)

Qualities: protective, accommodating, in therapy for anxiety, aware of toxic masculinity and actively working to correct it, has a passion for community service, and family is important to him.

IRL Zaf: Ed Fidow

*Zaf is Pakastini while Ed is Samoan, the connection I made was rugby and size. 

*****************************************************************************

Kenny Wu- Private Eye and His Only Valentine [Katrina Jackson- The Spy Who Loved Me Series]

Private Eye (The Spies Who Loved Her, #2)

Qualities: patient, very accommodating, invested in making his partner happy (which includes work), big on giving compliments, and knows how to apologize when he messes up.

IRL Kenny: Hu Bing

**Note Hu Bing is Chinese, Kenny's ethnicity isn't on page other than he's Asian, but I don't want to assume he's Chinese either. However, when I saw Hu, he gave me Kenny energy, a little bit of nice guy but could kill you.  

*****************************************************************************

Samson Lima- Right Swipe [Alisha Rai- The Modern Love Series]

The Right Swipe (Modern Love, #1)

Qualities: a family man, can hold a conversation, wants to settle down, and is good with his money

IRL Samson: Stephen Bishop 

*****************************************************************************

Daniel Collin- The Boyfriend Project [Farrah Rochon The Boyfriend Project Series]

The Boyfriend Project (The Boyfriend Project, #1)

Qualities: smart, ambitious, remembers partner's likes and dislikes, a good friend, and good listener.

IRL Daniel: Charles Michael Davis

***Note Charles Michael Davis is Black and Filipino whereas Daniel is Black and Korean. 


Who are your fictional boyfriend picks? I know I can't be the only one who envisions what characters look like. If you do to, how did I do? 

Happy Reading!


Comments

Popular Posts