2020 New Release Tournament

There's nothing like a good reading challenge and because I'm a bit of a nerd I wanted to organize my 2020 book releases in a fun way. 

Alright so here's the breakdown of 2020 new releases I'm excited to read. If you follow me on Twitter you should recognize this calendar. I've made a few pages but I'm pretty sure this will be the final list. But I'm a Gemini so I probably will change my mind as soon as I post this blog 😏. So, how will the tournament work? 



Tournament rules
1. Book must be released in 2020
2. Can only have one author compete in the tournament (so pick wisely). 
**Haha...yeah right, I knew I was going to pick  Alyssa Cole, but I found a workaround wahaa!
3. Tournament entries must be 75% or more written by authors of color.  
4. Books should compete within genre. 
5. One honorable mention! 

Let's get ready to rumbleeeeeeeeeee!

Round 1: 
Was an interesting ride and let's just say the outcome was not what I expected but hey that's the whole point of this little game I'm playing.

Twitter poll projected a clear winner. Let's see if the poll was right. 



 What an upset? Round one's pick blue the fan favorite Undercover Bromance out of the water. What will happen next? No one is guaranteed win in this competition.

KEEP SCROLLING 

Round 1 Winner [January- March]: The Worst Best Man by Mia Sosa

Blurb: A wedding planner left at the altar? Yeah, the irony isn’t lost on Carolina Santos, either. But despite that embarrassing blip from her past, Lina’s offered an opportunity that could change her life. There’s just one hitch… she has to collaborate with the best (make that worst) man from her own failed nuptials. 

Marketing expert Max Hartley is determined to make his mark with a coveted hotel client looking to expand its brand. Then he learns he’ll be working with his brother’s whip-smart, stunning—absolutely off-limits—ex-fiancée. And she loathes him. 

If they can nail their presentation without killing each other, they’ll both come out ahead. Except Max has been public enemy number one ever since he encouraged his brother to jilt the bride, and Lina’s ready to dish out a little payback of her own. 

Soon Lina and Max discover animosity may not be the only emotion creating sparks between them. Still, this star-crossed couple can never be more than temporary playmates because Lina isn’t interested in falling in love and Max refuses to play runner-up to his brother ever again...

If you haven't picked it up you should!


Round 2 [April-June]
I have my predictions but I think this round will be another surprise win. This round is clearly has  tough competition because there were so many great new releases in May and June. It looks like the referees might have to use the honorable mention in this round or she may hold out until Round 3. What will happen next? 



If you've been keeping up with world affairs you should know many readers including me went into a deep reading slump April-June. So no winner was picked by this post. 

Crowd: Booooo!

Referee announcement: Offside repeat first down-- translation I'm giving myself until the end of July to catch up. 

Crowd: We want to know. You tricked us! 

Me: Simmer down! We've been dealing with a lot.
 
Round 3 [July-December]
I'm afraid to even try to explain this round but yeah the last half of the year isn't as juicy as mid-year releases. So, I made the decision b/c that's my business decision to lump 5 months together to keep it exciting. Did you peep the middle match up? Yes, I am pitting Alyssa Cole against Alyssa Cole. 👀



Crowd: Whaaaaattttt

Me: Yeah, I did it? Who's going to check me, boo?

Crowd: Cheater!

I know, I know! I'm breaking Rule #4: Books should compete within genre. I'm projecting another  upset in Round 2. And, I didn't feel right pitting another release against the Reigning Queen in the Weekend Reader verse. Two of her books were on my best of 2019 list. I couldn't do that to another new release, it just wouldn't be fair. Soooo, this where the honorable mention will make up for this workaround. 

Referee: After the replay review, decision stands. 

Crowd: Boo, this is a sham. Ref that call was whack. Can't you see? 

Me: Again, simmer down this is my game, I will do what I want to do. Thank you very much!

In the end, I made the decision to release the entire breakdown and will share Round 2, 3, and the honorable mention on Twitter and Instagram. If you're not following me, now would be the time.

I want to hear from you! Who do you think the will be the Round 2 and 3 winners? Who do you think the honorable mention will be? Do you think Lyssa Kae Adams will redeem her odds with Crazy, Stupid Bromance? You have to follow me to see!

Update, here are the second and third quarter winners!!!!!



Happy reading!




Comments

Popular Posts